Fr. J.B. Culeman voices need for a central high school.
Msgr. Durkin purchases six acres from W.L. Velie estate for $6,500.
1931 - 45
The Depression followed by wartime and post-war labor and material shortages delayed building of the school.
Building Fund Campaign begins.
Msgr. Durkin picks the name "Alleman" in honor of Rev. John George Alleman, O.P., a native of Alsace Lorraine.
Archbishop Schlarman blesses and places cornerstone on August 15.
Amieto Cardinal Cicognani, Apostolic Delegate to the United States, dedicates the school. Alleman opens its doors on September 12, 1949. Enrollment was 571. The faculty included 9 BVM Sisters of Charity, 4 Franciscans, 4 Priests, 7 Benedictines, 2 Dominicans and 4 lay personnel.
Viatorian priests join staff.
Add 8 classrooms and counseling offices. Booster Club erects Athletic Building. Capacity up to 1,200 students. Parking lot extended.
1963 - 65
South Wing added, which includes 14 rooms and 2 study halls.
Mosaic added to west wall of newest wing. It was created by sister Mary Alexia, OSB, and project advisor, Father George Wuellner.
Residence (27 rooms) and Chapel added. Viatorians assume responsibility for operation and administration of Alleman. Diocese retains ownership of Alleman.
Faculty Advisory Council created.
Capital Endowment Drive, "A Design for Tomorrow," begins.
Casey Gym added.
1992 - 97
"In Pursuit of Excellence," first combined-capital-campaign drive for all five Illinois Quad-Cities Catholic Schools: Alleman, Jordan, Seton, St. Anne and St. Mary's.
Father Alleman roses transported from St. Joseph's Church in Fort Madison, Iowa, and St. James Church in St. Paul, Iowa, to Alleman High School. 50th Anniversary of Alleman. Theme: "A strong Past - A Promising Future."
Gym lobby is expanded to include a commons addition. The house located just south of the student parking lot is purchased and torn down in order to expand the parking lot to 152 spaces.
In August, Alleman announces the acquisition of 25 acres, located off John Deere Road, for the construction of athletic fields. In September, the lower 17 acres of the Alleman Athletic Complex, located at 1001 52nd Ave., Moline, Illinois, are developed to include two baseball diamonds, two softball diamonds, a soccer field and a practice-football field. In September, the Dr. Tracy Spaeth Performing Arts Center Opens. The 620-seat facility also includes a basement athletic facility. In November, the Alleman Athletic Building ("The Barn") is torn down and the football field is expanded to regulation size.
Alleman Athletic Complex officially dedicated.
Main Office renovated to include a convenient outside entrance and parking.
Chapel renovated and named Fr. Mirabelli Chapel in honor of his extraordinary service to the high school.
Cafeteria remodeled with new ceiling, lighting and flooring. New vestibule entrance added outside the chapel entrance.
Don Morris Gymnasium remodeled with new bleachers, lights, baskets, scoreboards and athletic banners. Also, sound system upgrade, floor refinishing and painting of ceiling and upper bleachers.